Saturday, December 6, 2008

On The Edge Of Time

Tonight I stand at the edge of time,
knowing not where to turn,
There is no one in sight,
and no one's touch,
what do I do to make it through the night,
I have been true,
to who I am and my dreams,
then why is agony all I got,
All but lost in this mirage,
all I want to take back to grave
is the feeling that I stood
And I fought.

Maybe while I was flying high up in the sky with my hopes
I forgot to keep my feet on the ground
With the all the noise around and these distractions
now even silence has become a scary sound
Dreams I had as a kid have all faded away
that simple picture I had in my mind
Maybe the kid itself has been cast away
Lost and hurt,never to return from the chains that bind.

Now I am hanging onto words
that were never spoken before
Like the dewdrops on my windowpane
and now I am hanging onto my lies
that were never dreamt before
Like the tears lost in the rain
So I cry myself to sleep dreaming of hope
but I still wake up with tears on my cheek
All I want to do now is to leave the night and past behind me
and look again for the golden treasure and the dreams I seeked.

They cared about what I said
and not what I meant
They cared about their lies
and not of my dreams
They gave me choices all along
Of hopeless truth and hopeful lies
I never wanted to be a face in the crowd
not the world's clown I wanted to be,
For I know the rules of this world,
But the rules surely do not know me.

My sins of the past were long forgotten
but scars remain the same
A little faded though
Still reminding of the pain
And where to go having been broken by the wind
and all I can do is cradle my dreams
But this life is worth fighting for someone reminded
through the dark and cold night the angel guided.

But once again I stand here at the edge of time
cradling the dreams I hold so dear,
Looking straight ahead into the darkness,
Ready to give up all that I fear.
And these emotions are just bottled up within,
But no one to whom I can say,
And when my dream is right next to me,
How am I,
How am I supposed to look away.

No comments: